Sunday, November 16, 2014

Not a clear picture but a big surprise

Rufous Woodpeccker
Location : Zone I
My dream of bumping into a surprise came through this morning.  It was the first time I managed to capture an image of a woodpecker at the park.  It was making  loud calls which were answered by another woodpecker somewhere nearby.  However my lens could only find one among the branches though in poor light.  A record would suffice.  The call was loud and was the reason how I could follow the bird as it moved from trees to trees.  The reddish-brown feathers was the main attraction.  I wish that they will come again in better light... 

1 comment:

  1. Burung Belatuk ini mengingatkan saya kepada rumah kampung dahulu. Selalu hinggap dibatang pokok pinang untuk membuat sarang. Sudah berpuluh tahun tidak melihatnya.

    ReplyDelete