Friday, May 22, 2015

A pair of Little Green Pigeon building nest

A pair of Little Green Pigeon seen perching on a nearby tree close to its nest, which is seen below.
The nest is seen from below. the tree.  At the centre of the mass of leaves is hidden the nest of the Little Green Pigeon.
Location : Kruak wetlands.
Zone B
A pair of Little Green Pigeon perching on a branch.
I was not able to see any thing inside the nest of the Little Green Pigeon. The nest was way above my head.  I just discovered that a pair of the Little Green Pigeon has started to build a nest amidst the branches and leaves of a small tree near the Kruak wetlands at Zone B.  It was when walking below the tree that I heard the loud flutter of wings.  Surprised, I look upwards  and saw a nest formed by a collection of twigs.  It was obviously the pigeon's nest.  Thy have rushed out of their nest upon discovering my presence.  The pictures above show them perching on a tree nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment