Monday, June 13, 2016

Female Ruby-cheeked Sunbird

Female of the species - Ruby-cheeked Sunbird (Chalcoparia singalensis)
Zone I
Note the ants being preyed by the bird.
I was pretty excited this morning after a short jungle trekking at Licuala Hill.  Just out of the jungle and into the open area my attention was directed at the 'Senduduk' plant where a tiny bird was actively attacking the ants at the terminal buds.  I quickly zoomed my camera at the target which seemed oblivious of me.  Since it was very early in the morning the lighting conditions were not that perfect but it does provide some 'environmental or mood' content to the picture.  For the record this is the first time that I encounter the female of the Ruby-cheeked Sunbird. Malays call the bird 'Kelicap Belukar'.
View of the 'Senduduk' plant (Melastoma malabathricum)  in the early morning light.
Location :Licuala Hill,  Zone I.
Kelicap Belukar ( Ruby-cheeked Sunbird) - female of the species

No comments:

Post a Comment