Sunday, July 5, 2015

Two birds and a chick

Magpie- Robin or Murai Kampung (Malay)
Location : Cempedak Hill, Zone G

 On a Sunday morning, I thought how pleasant it would be to have a stroll around the park.  I was trying to look for a surprise.  Any surprise.  The surprise came in the form two birds and a chick.  Firstly, the Magpie Robin was singing her heart out to the denizens of the park.  Pitching her voice to a melodious tune, her song ran for a couple of minutes but stopped when she spotted me.  Later, at the same tree a lone Blue-throated Bee-eater took  to the perch unnoticed by me but soon as I took a glimpse of it, the colourful bird flew away.  It has been a while since the bee eater has been spotted perching on the Cempedak tree.  Finally, as I was about to finish my morning walk, my eyes were focussed on a black object that moved about the short grasses near the Kruak Wetlands.  And sure enough it was a young White-breasted Waterhen, but because it was still very very young the white breast didn't show.  She was all black.
Blue-throated Bee-eater

Young chick of the White-breasted Waterhen

Young chick running for cover
Location : Kruak Wetlands
 

No comments:

Post a Comment