Thursday, October 2, 2014

With a helping mother's bill

Young chick of the Brown-throated Sunbird - Kelicap Mayang Kelapa (Malay)
Anthreptes malacensis bornensis

Short flight I can...but not able to hoover yet.
 I have been tracking this little darling for more than a week.  Today I am convinced that the little chick belongs to the Brown-throated Sunbird species.  Between 8.30 am - 9.00 am at the Provinsi Yellow Palm area she was making her fine calls and that got me attracted to watch her whereabouts.  She seemed to be everywhere trying to get accustomed to the place.  Finally I saw here coming towards her mother.  The mother had some fruits tucked in her bill and was ready to pass it on to her young chick.  All these actions were under the watchful eyes of the colourful male perching at a nearby Lumok tree.
Mother trying to feed the chick with fruits


Male of the species - Anthreptes malacensis bornensis
Kelicap Mayang Kelapa (Malay)

No comments:

Post a Comment