Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bee-eater, flowerpeckers and a beautiful butterfly


 The Blue-throated Bee-eaters started their day early.  A small company of three dropped by at the Sunset point birding spot, near Licuala Hill (Zone I).   Battering the bees onto the branches before devouring them has been a familiar routine act.  Nearby the perch, among the dense lower storey foliage I saw a pair of Orange-bellied Flowerpecker flirting about the branches .  I managed to zoom in to the female of the species.  Going down the Licuala Hill slopes I encountered a brown Palm King butterfly.   The morning seemed fine and I thought I'm truly blessed with nature around me.

Orange-bellied Flowerpecker - female of the species
A beautiful brownish butterfly - Palm King ( Amathusia phidippus phiduppus)

View of the park, looking west from Zone A

No comments:

Post a Comment