Sunday, October 12, 2014

There are birds on the hill

Birds on the Cempedak Hill....

There are birds on the hill,
But I never heard them singing,
No I never heard them at all
Till there was you.....

These verses kept ringing in my head when I saw many birds at the Cempedak Hill early this morning.  As is customary between 6.30 - 7.00 am I would do a little bit of morning climb up the Cempedak Hill.  At this commanding locality there will always be birds that take turns to perch and welcome the new day with their sweet melodies.  Today's line-up included the Pink-necked Green Pigeon, The Spotted-necked Dove ( Tekukur - Malay) and the Blue-throated Bee-eater. Very soon they'll fly off in search for food but I know they'll be back again tomorrow morning  before the sun rises up for they too would like to see the beautiful flushes and many shades of green that the sun smiles on another day.  Let the sun shines on me .....
Pink-necked Green Pigeon, male at bottom and female at top of picture.

Spotted-necked Dove

Blue-throated Bee-eater (Merops viridis)

View of the park from Cempedak Hill, looking north

Flushing at the park now...orange-red young leaves of the Eugenia oleina
Location : Provinsi Carpentaria, Zone F

No comments:

Post a Comment